Career Care Institute’s RN program is a two year program designed to give our students an immersive and hands-on training experience. With 20 years of healthcare educational experience, we have the knowledge, experience and learning facilities to fast-track you to becoming a professional and highly skilled Nurse.
Training program is available at the following campus locations: Lancaster (Main Campus)
+ START HERE - APPLICATION PROCESS
All candidates interested in attending CCI's Associate Degree in Nursing Program must go through the application process:
- Complete and submit registered nursing program application
- Submit the following documents to CCI
- Transcripts: Initially, unofficial college transcripts verifying general education courses, vocational nursing courses, or previous degree courses; high school and/or foreign transcripts must be translated, evaluated and certified equivalent to a 12th grade US education. If selected for admission to the program, the student must submit OFFICIAL transcripts within the first two weeks of the start date.
- Verification of health care work and/or volunteer experience: signed documentation from a health care employer(s) and/or authorized facility supervisor on official letterhead of the facility that includes applicant name and contact information, place of work/volunteer, type of work/volunteer (direct patient care), dates employed or volunteer hours.
- LVNs applying for advanced placement must submit a copy of his or her current license (with no restrictions) and documentation of at least 1 year paid experience as an LVN, i.e. on official letterhead and with supervisor signature.
- Certificates: cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) certificate, certified nursing assistant (CNA), home health aide (HHA), medical assistant (MA), or military certifications that verify related training.
- Essay: a 250 to 300 words essay (typed and double spaced) explaining how the candidate believes he or she can make a difference as a registered nurse (RN).
- Applicants who submit incomplete applications or who are missing any required documents by the due date will automatically be ineligible.
Selection Criteria including but not limited to the following
- Students will be admitted to the program based on their scholastic eligibility and placement on a nursing assessment test (TEAS VI).
- Scholastic eligibility is determined through a multi-criteria approved points system which calculates the student’s probability of successfully completing the ADN program. The points system uses the following criteria:
- 2.5 GPA or higher
- work or volunteer experience
- quality of the essay
- Assessment Test (TEAS VI)
- Assessment Test: Selected applicants will be required to take a state approved nursing assessment test (TEAS VI is the only version accepted at CCI at this time). To be competitive, students must rank higher than the 62% composite score.
- The highest-scoring students will then be scheduled for an interview with the selection committee. The candidate is asked to come to the interview on time, professionally dressed and prepared to discuss his or her:
- a) plan for success in the program,
- b)commitment to studying and engaging in educational activities, and his or her
- c) motivation for success.
- Final selections are made using BOTH multi-criteria screening for ranking and random selection.
- If an applicant is not selected he or she may apply the next year unless he/she has a positive drug screen or felonious background check. A new application and all new documents must be submitted. CCI does not retain applications.
- If an applicant is not selected because the background check prevents admittance, that applicant is not eligible to apply again to CCI’s ADN Program.
- If an applicant is not selected because of a positive drug screen, the applicant may reapply in three years and demonstrate that he or she has a clean drug screen and successful rehabilitation process with documentation congruent with the California Board of Nursing’s acceptable documentation of rehabilitation.
- If the applicants accept their slot by the announced deadline, they will be directed to obtain background check and a 10-panel drug screen at their cost.
- Applicant must have a clear criminal background check to participate in clinical rotations and remain in the program. If an applicant is not selected because the background check prevents admittance, that applicant is not eligible to apply again to CCI’s ADN Program.
- Applicant with a positive drug screen will be removed from consideration.
- Applicant must make the tester and/or Program Director aware of any prescribed medications as noted by his/her provider so that impairment and safety at clinicals can be determined and/or false positive results can be identified.
- CCI faculty consider prescription medications such as narcotics or medical marijuana, although legal, may render an individual impaired and not safe for clinicals. A document with appropriate letter-head and signed by the applicant’s provider must indicate the applicant is safe to provide nursing care.
- Once admitted to the program, the student must undergo school orientation, mandatory nursing program orientation, and clinical orientation(s). An applicant who fails to attend orientations will forfeit his/her place in the program. The following is also required:
- A payment of a nonrefundable $80.00 registration fee is due upon enrollment.
- All students accepted to the ADN program are required to submit necessary annual health assessm
+ CAREER DESCRIPTION
A registered nurse (RN) performs a crucial role in health care. They are responsible for making critical decisions on needed actions, coordinating with an inter-disciplinary team, directly supervising care delivered by LVNs and unlicensed personnel, and conducting research using evidence-based practice to improve nursing practices and patient outcomes. An RN analyzes patient information, performs physical exams, tenders wound care and administers medication in addition to being an educator. Moreover, RNs are patient advocates, promoters of health and well-being, and provides patient counseling. The RN profession is applied across a spectrum of venues such as schools, hospitals, community health and ambulatory care centers, and medical offices.
+ PROGRAM DESCRIPTION
The course consists of six terms over a two year period. Each term has three to four courses and lasts 16 weeks. Courses are held in a lecture-style classroom, lab and clinical setting. The theory, lab and clinical schedule includes mornings, afternoons and evenings, with the clinical schedule also including weekends. Successful completion of Career Care Institute’s Associate Degree Nursing Program (Registered Nurse) will earn a student eligibility to be administered the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN) licensure exam – a requirement for employment as an RN in California. Our RN program emphasizes hands-on-training in state-of-the-art facilities to provide you a comprehensive and exciting healthcare education.
+ WHAT’S THE CAREER OUTLOOK?
Despite recent modest upticks in the employment rate, today’s economy is still a tough economy with automation continuing to negatively impact and limit quality employment opportunities. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the job outlook for RN is on an ever increasing rise. It is currently projected to grow at a robust 16% thru 2024, which is much faster than average of all occupations as high demand for medical professionals continues to skyrocket. Choosing to become a registered nurse (RN) is the first decision leading to a rewarding career in a well-paid, respected profession. Gaining the prerequisite education is the necessary first step in joining the ranks of dedicated medical professionals. Deciding which school to attend to earn that education is as equally important decision as choosing to become an RN.
+ PROGRAM QUICK FACTS
Quick Facts (Lancaster Campus) [CLICK HERE]
+ GAINFUL EMPLOYMENT
Gainful Employment will be made available after the completion of the inital class.
+ GRAD TESTIMONIAL
My time at Career Care Institute was an amazing time. The teachers and employees were a great help to me. They helped me out a lot, even with some struggles I went through at the end. I want to thank my instructors for all their wisdom and Sherry and Katlin in job placement for never giving up on me and helping me get the job I have today. I am grateful and thankful for everyone’s help.